He’s a good man, with one hell of a job. Amazing video of a thank you speech to his team at Chicago HQ. Poignant and honest, and while he talks of the hope he has for these young people that have helped him return for another four years, down here in NZ, I take my hat off to them too. Most, if not all of them, work for free! So very relieved you are back. Hope is alive and well. Here’s the video.
He's a creative digital native, an internaute of sorts. He cuts code like a ninja, and crafts words like a poet.
He knows what works. He designs for results, and he speaks human.
• Design - Print and Web
• Development - Web, xCode, .Net
• Digital Asset Management & Archival
• Web Site Optimisation, SEO
• Hosting, DNS, Email, Cloud
• *nix Admin and Networking
• Support, Reviews, Consultation.
• Sublime - Custom Deluxe
• Never after 4.30.
- Keep Calm and Kayak On
- I’m getting back into Kayaking after a long hiatus. Why it has taken me so long is really beyond me. I spent many days on the Dee and the Spey as a teen, and thoroughly loved it. A few moments of absolute terror and fear (Invercannie), one near drowning submerged under a standing wave at [...] Read more – ‘Keep Calm and Kayak On’.
- Teaching the teachers
- Sigh. The Guardian recently published an article “Do students know more about technology than their teachers?” here. Very disappointing. At our children’s primary school, Friday assembly often involves the use of a laptop and a projector, nothing too technical in this, the 21st Century I would have thought….yet, more often than not, a student is [...] Read more – ‘Teaching the teachers’.
- Dennis Ritchie – we thank you.
- As Observer Columnist John Naughton** pointed out, there was little fanfare to the passing of one of Computing’s greatest heroes last week. Maybe I am one of those geeks that did notice, and was saddened at the loss of someone I consider a grand-father of modern computing. Dennis Ritchie who died last week, along with [...] Read more – ‘Dennis Ritchie – we thank you.’.